Real Estate Industry Information
- Texas Real Estate Commission School Information
- TREC Course numbers
- Salesperson Pre-license Requirements
- Broker Pre-license Requirements
- Salesperson Annual Education (SAE) Requirements
- Mandatory Continuing Education (MCE) Requirements
TREC Provider Number 0005
Correspondence courses provide through Tomball College:
TREC Provider Number 0123
Real Estate License Enrollment Policy
TREC Course numbers
|Course Name||TREC Number||Course Name||TREC Number|
|Real Estate Appraisal||211||Real Estate Finance 1||451|
|Real Estate Appraisal: Real Estate Appraisal Procedures||222||Brokerage||751|
|Real Estate Marketing: Commercial||528||Real Estate Investments||911|
|Real Estate Law||311||Law of Agency||1151|
|Real Estate Principles 1||121||Law of Contracts||1251|
|Real Estate Principles 2||122||Property Management||811|
|Real Estate Marketing||551||Real Estate Appraisal: Real Estate Appraisal Fundamentals||211|
|Residential Inspection for Real Estae Agents||1021||Real Estate Math||611|
|Real Estate Marketing: Power House Training||527||Real Estate Appraisal: Sales and Income Approaches||225|
|Promulgated Contract Forms||351|
Salesperson Pre-license Requirements
180 Hours of core approved Education
- Law of Agency - 30 Hours
- Law of Contracts - 30 Hours
- Principles of Real Estate I - 30 Hours
- Principles of Real Estate II - 30 Hours
- Real Estate Finance - 30 Hours
- Promulgated Contract Forms - 30 hours
Broker Pre-license Requirements
Minimum 4 Years salesperson experience and 900 Hours of Core Approved Education
- 270 Hours in Core approved topics
- 630 hours related hours.
- A College degree may give you the maximum credit of 630 hours related hours.
- or you must take courses in core approved topics.
Sales Agent Apprentice (SAE) Requirements
- If you are renewing for the first time, active or inactive, you must have a total of 270 qualifying real estate course hours, 4 hours of TREC's Legal Update I, and 4 hours of TREC's Legal Update II posted to your license record prior to submitting your renewal.
- Submit qualifying course completion documents to TREC at least 10 days before renewing your license.
- Qualifying credit will not be granted if you were previously given credit for a substantially similar qualifying course within a two year period.
Mandatory Continuing Education (CE) Requirements
18 hours of MCE courses
Complete 18 hours of approved Continuing Education (CE) courses
- 8 hours of TREC Legal Update I and II; and
- 10 hours of elective CE
- If you have been made a supervisor by your broker, you may also need to take the 6-hour Broker Responsibility course as part of your 18 hours of CE.
- If TREC records do not reflect completion of CE requirements at the time you submit your renewal application, you must pay a $200 CE Deferral Fee, or renew in inactive status. Payment of the CE Deferral Fee allows you to remain active for an additional 60 days from your expiration date to complete CE requirements.
- If you have not submitted your fingerprints for TREC with a previous renewal or application, you must be fingerprinted for a criminal background check.